Our own Chef Tomasz Wosiak dialed in from his kitchen, and decided to share his recipe for a fan ‘menu’ favorite from Jason Aldean’s Kitchen + Rooftop Bar… the Jason’s Mac & Cheese. Feel free to grab the recipe below, and then watch the video on Facebook.
- 2 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 tbsp Garlic
- 1/4 tbsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tbsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1 can of your favorite IPA beer
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Pepper-jack Cheese (leave out for no spice)
- 6 oz Chicken Breast (grilled or blackened)
- 5 strips Precooked & Crumbled Bacon
- 1 lb Cavatappi Pasta (or your favorite)
- 2 tbsp Herb, garlic butter
- Toasted Italian Breadcrumbs for topping
- Roasted Panko crumbs, fresh chopped herbs, butter
- Parmesan Cheese to top
In a good-sized sauce pan, pour in the heavy cream. Add in the chicken broth, and let this simmer.
Next, add the garlic, nutmeg, dry oregano, and crushed red pepper…continue to simmer and gently whisk occasionally.
Next, add in the Pepper-jack cheese, stir, and then add the IPA. (Feel free to “taste test” the beer, because, well, why not?) Add in a little kosher salt and pepper as needed, and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes.
Add the 6 oz of cooked (grilled or blackened) chicken and your favorite pasta. Try our own TC Restaurant Group spices to get an authentic taste. Always add a little salt and pepper once again, to maintain the seasoning lost in rinsing your pasta. Next add the bacon, the herb butter, and then gently stir.
Finally, top the dish with breadcrumbs, chopped herbs, and maybe a little Parmesan cheese. Enjoy.
Share the recipe with your friends, or better yet, come down to Jason Aldean’s Kitchen + Rooftop Bar for this dish and other great dishes. We’re in this together.